Friday, January 17, 2014

FFC23 - Welcome Back!

ETA: For some reason, Sarah's graphic never loaded properly - so I have added her card for you to admire below!

Welcome Welcome, Festive Friday Players!

I know we have some new players joining us for the first time, some joining us for the second time - we were excited to pick up quite a number of followers during our final challenge of 2013, and over the holidays! WELCOME!

It's so good to be back, and bringing you some new challenges for 2014! I've mentioned a few times, we've made some changes, so let me explain those quickly!

Last year, we rotated challenge styles... this year, we're simplifying things for you! Every 2 weeks, we'll post a new inspiration photo for you to use - no theme, no rules, just inspiration. You choose how you want to interpret the images! We just ask for a brief explanation in your post so that know where our photo took your project!

Because we've added three new designers to our team, we won't be hosting guest designers this year - we know you're going to love what the bigger team has in store!

Finally - we'll be posting one winner at the start of every new challenge, and there will no longer be a mid-challenge post. This was a tough decision, and the biggest reason is that I (Meredith) am taking on some huge projects this year (I'll keep the details of all that on my own blog!), and I needed to keep things easy on myself to keep this challenge going.

A review:


We post a new challenge every 2 weeks. You can post as many projects as you like for each challenge, and you *can* combine our challenge with your other favourite challenges! The deadline for each challenge is the Wednesday before the new one goes live.


Alright... with all of the business out of our way, let's get to our first challenge of the year!

Here is our inspiration for this week...


And here are the many ways our team used this photo:

Ardyth

Geri

Kay

Lynn

Melissa

Rebecca
Meredith
Now it's your turn!

You've seen what our amazing team did with the inspiration photo, now we want to see what you do with it! Please link up your project below, before Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at Midnight, PST!

7 comments:

Kim M said...

Yay! Your back! Can't wait to play. Going to try and join in all the challenges this year. :-)

anja curvers said...

So glad you are back and I love the new style. Great examples made by the team and a very nice picture.

Julie S said...

Gorgeous DT cards! I lurked last year, but I'm going to try to dip my toe in the water this year. :)

Colleen said...

Yeah, so glad you are back, I have been waiting for this Friday to arrive!! Wonderful picture and great inspiration from all the DT!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous inspiration and what a great team Meredith. I am really hoping to play more often this year!!

Patti P. said...

Love the inspiration photo! Such a great challenge this week. So happy I could join in this week.

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my such gorgeous inspiration from the DT. I'm happy to have found your blog (through contest entrant Sue) and hope to play along often.